Tuesday, July 15, 2008

July, my favorite month!

Recently I told my husband my favorite Holiday has to be the 4th of July. I have always loved Independence Day! From hosting family get togethers, to full blown family reunions I have always loved this time of year. Summer is on full blast, and the 4th is a great time to picnic, cook out, and have fun with family and friends. This year was very quiet, just myself and my husband. But, still a very special day.... in fact I would have to say, quiet is nice!

I am preparing for end of month classes coming up on the 27th and 29th. Looking at several ideas using both black and white and color versions of the same photograph for a scrapbook page layout. The last time I did this technique my inspiration was my granddaughters first hair cut, and it turned out really cool. So, will need to make a pit stop in the next day or say for a few black and white pictures to work with.

Also on my agenda this month is #2 of what I hope is 3 fantastic garage sales. The first was beyond imagine, with a great turn out. #2, is going to be to hopefully clean out a large percentage of items, MANY never even brought out for the first garage sale. #3 in the fall is going to be dedicated to mainly Christmas items... TONS and TONS of Christmas items...... so after that, I hope I can see into my garage and shed! It is completely full at the moment, and mainly crafty type items lead the way.....


Aren't garage sale fun? Looking through someones items, and finding that perfect treasure! Very addictive!

Ok, so when some pages are complete or other items off the craft table I will post a few for view. Until next posting, get in your craft area and ENJOY! Take advantage of the longer days, and see what you can come up with, leave me a message if your here and visiting, and let me know if you have a blog or a favorite crafting blog you follow.

2 comments:

TUTU Monkey said...

Hi....I just hit your blog on the last day of your favorite month!!

I found you on San Diego crafters...enjoyed your etsy store...:)

Have a good day!

Terri Y said...

Hi thanks for the comment, do you have a blog? Keep in touch!