Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Yesterday's creations

Yesterday I worked on machine embroidery,  at times it was easy sailing as in the little bee projects...   at other times it was "Nightmare on Elm Street"  as in a Sunflower project.  I don't know what it is with my "Bertha" ( my nickname for my Bernina)  but sometimes she has a mind of her own!  In the middle of a project she will just up and say "your motif is done".... while I am saying ... "WHAT, are you crazy BERTHA,   We are NO WHERE NEAR DONE!"   In projects past I have totally wrecked a perfectly good tea towel trying to get Bertha back on track.... to no avail.  But, it seems through the past year she and I have come to an agreement that regardless, I am going to be the winner in all accounts,  and she IS NOT allowed to RUIN a perfectly good tea towel, shirt, or other precious item no matter what she thinks! :)  So, we fight back and forth, and eventually sometimes after several hours.... victory is accomplished.... and then it is usually time for a break!   ( As was certainly the case yesterday!)



So spring is here,  actually at times it has felt like summer.... I am ready for some fresh projects to ring in the season.  I found these lime green towels, and felt they were perfect for some little creatures to reside on.   I am going to try some bird house embroidery projects today...  

So get yourself to crafting, and drop me a note to let me know what your doing!  I would love to hear from you!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

A link would be great, thanks so much...I had so much fun creating the animal granny squares :o)

cute fairy pillow by the way :o)

~Rachel
http://CrochetedandMore.blogspot.com