Friday, July 17, 2009

Birthday week

So I'm claiming to be 32.... and for some reason even my oldest Granddaughter isn't buying that one! Oh well, I tried!

This has been a very stressful week, having word on Monday that my granddaughter Brooklynn was very sick in the hospital. Turns out it was a nasty Strep infection that entered her blood stream... I have never heard of anyone I know running fever of nearly 107 degrees! Bless her little heart, such a trooper she was! She is doing better now, and finally back home.

I took my birthday, and rode along with my husband to Simi Valley where his office is located. After dropping him off, I had a couple of errands to run, and then the rest of the day was mine. I enjoyed the bookstore, lunch out, and tons of mall walking and book reading in a quiet corner. Can't say I have had a more peaceful afternoon than that in a while! Give me a great book, glass of iced lemonaide tea from Starbucks... and I can sit for hours.

Crafting table has been idle. I have been selling my husbands collection of Hotwheels cars, Hard
Rock Cafe pins, and various other household dusty items on Ebay. This has really taken most of my time recently, so I have to find balance to life starting now!!!! If I can't craft, then life just seems off.

I have several projects planned for this weekend, including some serious organization of photos... to better prepare for upcoming projects. Any ideas on the perfect photo organization method? I am not sure where to start. I currently use a file folder system in a plastic bin, but have SERIOUSLY outgrown that course of action.... Would love to see pictures of how you handle... I will post some before and after pics... this weekend.

Off to eat some yummy cheesecake from my step son. He brought it to me from Cheesecake Factory, YUMMO!

1 comment:

Jenners said...

I'm sorry to hear that your grand daughter was sick! I've really glad she is doing better and she will be in my prayers!

Really lovely blog! Keep up the good work!

- Jennie