Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Spring Break in California


It is spring break time in our area although in our home it is split between this week and next, due to the kids attending different schools. So that ruled out any family vacations planned for now, and given the gas currently at 3.71 per gallon..... vacations are at a all time high cost! From what we are hearing on the news local tourists parks and areas are experiencing a surge in attendance from locals staying at home this year.  Couple the fuel costs and the recent airline problems of flight cancellations, traveling for vacation is not only costly but could be a real headache.


  This week has been a busy one so far with listing new items for sale on Ebay and in my Etsy store.  I am coming across some really cool little vintage items to be used for altered art projects that I am offering up for sale in Etsy.  Some of these are from the 50's and 60's from what I can tell.  ( The picture is of one of the listings).  How fun it would be to include these types of little treasures in an altered art or mixed media project.  

Another  area   I am currently focused on is trying some new projects and researching the costs for materials to get started with... looking at a Zutter machine to do book binding, and considering doing some acrylic altered art projects embedding some really cool stamps I have acquired from my husbands childhood collections from Japan.  If anyone has any ideas for either of these ideas, please share!  These stamps have my mind racing with thoughts of what cool projects I could create with them.  Most are from all over the world, depicting really interesting pictures, and color.  I can see these in some really neat little book covers, or on a necklace charm.... 

Drop me a note if you have a second, I would love to hear from you!  Share with me your favorite projects or ideas.

No comments: